The primary responsibilities of the Staff Accountant will be to ensure timely and accurate execution of general accounting functions, mainly Accounts Payable, but also when required, bank and general ledger reconciliations, and assistance with the monthly, quarterly and annual close. This position will perform special accounting projects as required.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Verifying, coding and entering vendor invoices.
- Ensuring timely and accurate payment to vendors.
- Processing check runs.
- Mailing checks, filing paid invoices, and maintaining vendor files.
- Handling vendor relations and reconciliations.
- Processing employee expense reports and entering them into the accounting system.
- Acquiring W-9’s for all vendors and for processing and timely submission of year-end 1099 filing.
- Establish new vendor accounts, as necessary, and interact effectively with outside vendors.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile and maintain various general ledger accounts and reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual close process.
- Backup activities of the Accounting Manager, when required.
- Assist with the annual audit preparation and process.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with Accounting or Finance concentration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SoX404
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up company environment, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to function independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using an ERP system.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).