Gritstone Oncology is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to help harness the immune system to treat cancer. The Bioinformatics Scientist will perform analyses of industry leading proprietary and public genomic and proteomic datasets to find actionable biological insights.
We are looking for an independent and flexible team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment. This is an opportunity to work for a well-funded early biotechnology company where bioinformatics analyses drive personalized cancer treatments.
- Develop and perform novel, rigorous bioinformatics analyses
- Work closely with other computational and experimental scientists to design experiments
- Effectively communicate findings to stakeholders
- PhD in Bioinformatics or a related field or comparable work experience.
- Training and experience in applying rigorous statistical methods for hypothesis testing to biological data
- Track record of success in analyzing Mass Spectrometry or NGS data
- Applying in-depth knowledge of cancer biology
- Analysis of large, publicly-available datasets (e.g. GTEx, TCGA, ExAC)
- Coding in python including Pandas
- Software engineering including writing production-level code
- Analysis of single cell data
- Working in the cloud or on a high-performance computing cluster