The IT Director will lead the design, implementation, and growth of our information technology infrastructure. This individual will manage infrastructure and resources to meet organizational needs and will be responsible for working cross-functionally with all departments to identify long term, scalable, practical solutions for research and operations as the organization grows. The successful candidate will be expected to travel between Company sites and establish close partnerships with colleagues from multiple locations to translate business needs into state of the art informatics solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
Infrastructure strategy, operation, innovation, resourcing, and organization
- Oversee corporate IT infrastructure for networking, file storage, and communication (including overall configuration, security, upgrades, maintenance, backups, business continuity and disaster recovery).
- Actively monitor infrastructure for performance, security risks and threat awareness.
- Manage lifecycle of all corporate IT resources: evaluation, acquisition, deployment, maintenance, and support of equipment including servers, PCs, Macs, lab equipment, telephones and VTC equipment, software applications.
- Establish and exercise backup, restore and disaster recovery procedures.
- Assess emerging business needs and facilitate growth and innovation through evaluation of new technology and/or pilot projects.
- Manage IT staff and contractors at all Gritstone sites.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Oversee help desk for end users and ensure rapid response for mission-critical workstreams.
- Promote company-wide IT capabilities and ensure awareness of policies through training and user documentation.
- Ability to drive IT strategy and implementation in a fast-paced, growing company, with a focus on security and reliability.
- Oversee development and evolution of technology roadmap.
- Establish policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and information security.
- IT strategic planning aligned with company goals and compliance standards.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to promote effective use of enterprise systems across the organization.
- Oversee programs for IT asset acquisitions and modifications to IT and automation systems including adherence to change control requirements.
Regulatory compliance and validation
- Support the validation and testing of IT infrastructure used in regulated/cGMP environment.
- Coordinate with Scientific, QA and Engineering stakeholders to establish effective IT and security policies for both regulated and research systems, and implement these policies and procedures with a documented and systematic approach.
- Advanced degree in Information Technology or computer science related field.
- Knowledge of FDA compliance requirements, including software validation and GAMP. Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or diagnostic industries.
- Experience with IAAS/PAAS/SAAS solutions.
- VCP, AWS, ISC/CISSP, PMP, ITIL Certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in IT, with demonstrated technical and professional development and a proven ability to design, deliver and support enterprise-grade IT solutions.
- 5+ years leading IT teams and providing technology leadership.
- Strong and demonstrable expertise in IT architecture and modern approaches for VLAN/WLAN networking, server virtualization, information security and user authentication, data storage, and cloud-based services.
- Hands-on knowledge of common business and collaboration applications (SharePoint, Office365, Adobe).
- Hands-on experience supporting heterogeneous networks of PCs, Macs, VTC and embedded devices, lab equipment.
- Familiarity with high performance storage and computing architecture.
- Hands-on experience with cloud providers (such as AWS, Azure) and enterprise server virtualization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up company environment.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to function independently as well as part of a team.
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel between sites one week per month