The Associate Director, Legal Operations will be responsible for the operational development, optimization, implementation, and management of Legal Department IT and manual systems and processes, including the contract management system, Legal Department SharePoint page, contract templates, electronic signature system, and the overall contracting process.
This role will also include drafting, processing and support for the lifecycle of various agreement types, such as NDAs, service and consulting agreements, license agreements, contract manufacturing and research organization agreements, collaboration agreements, clinical trial agreements, material transfer agreements, research agreements, and others.
In addition, the person in this position will provide assistance with substantive legal transactions involving intellectual property, financing and other areas. Policy and procedure drafting and preparation of training is also anticipated. This position works closely with the Associate General Counsel and Chief Business Officer, and will have extensive interaction with all internal functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- 5-7+ years relevant industry experience in an in-house Legal Department (preferably in Biotech/Pharma). Experience in a law firm handling high volumes of transactions a plus.
- Experience with implementation and administration of SharePoint, contract management, electronic signature and other legal IT systems.
- Experience managing IT vendors for Legal Department systems.
- Working Knowledge of various types of contract templates and process of contract negotiation. Fluency with basic contract terms common to all contracts
- Experience with Biotech manufacturing, R&D, clinical and preclinical transactions domestically and abroad a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up company environment
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional and courteous demeanor