Gritstone Oncology is seeking a technical hands-on Service Desk Manager to reside in our Headquarters in Emeryville, CA. This role will manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services & support to clients (employees, contractors, and consultants) and ensure that service levels are achieved enterprise wide (MA & CA).
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Tier 1 and Tier 2 support of IT related services for end users and in a regulated lab environment
- Responsible for managing all IT services for the end-user computing environment
- Ensure incidents are managed promptly, appropriate procedures are in place, problems are diagnosed accurately, and appropriate solutions are applied
- Develop, implement, and streamline processes/standards to improve the efficiency of IT services
- Develop and implement tools to centrally manage/deploy all end user computing devices including patch management
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to identify and provide solutions to end user computing needs
- Responsible for account management and user provisioning/de-provisioning
- Author and revise documentation of environments and operational procedures as needed Provide support and administration of Windows Server environment
- Provide support and administration of VMware ESXi environment
- Provide training of IT tools on a regular basis to end user community
- Provide after-hour support on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s in computer science, MIS or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience and 2 years in a management role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as O365, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, NPAS, Print Server, Win7, Win10, Win2k12, and Win2k16
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi environment
- Understanding of network technologies such as but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP, and VPN.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, GXP)
- Experience managing Service Desk in multiple locations
- Travel between company sites is expected
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- ITIL certification a plus
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up company environment.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to function independently as well as part of a team.
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment