Reporting to VP, Immunology, the Scientist will be responsible for designing, performing and analyzing experiments in the field of immunology. We are looking for an independent and flexible team player who will thrive in a high-paced dynamic environment.
- Design and perform assays to characterize T cell responses, including but not limited to TCR analysis, transcription analyses, transduction and transfection of primary immune cells, flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Cell culture, including primary human T cell cultures, development and maintenance of cell lines
- Manage patient samples & maintain experimental records in electronic lab notebook
- Assist with general laboratory duties including lab equipment maintenance, ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- PhD in molecular or cellular immunology, at least 2 years post PhD experience in the field of immunology. Hands on expertise in methodologies, reagents and instrumentation used for culture and characterization of primary T lymphocytes, molecular cloning techniques, generation of retroviral and lentiviral vectors.
- High level of initiative, motivation and willingness to participate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with primary T cells and assays is highly preferred
- Experience in cell sorting (single cell and bulk) is a plus
- Highly organized with excellent record keeping skills
- Focus on delivery of stable, reliable solutions
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks and advance projects
- Ability to interact adaptably with scientists and non-scientists from various disciplines