The Senior Scientist will be supporting preclinical projects related to antibody discovery and development, and will perform antibody design, engineering, production, and biochemical/biophysical characterization, and will establish in vitro (cell-based) assays for the evaluation of cancer immunotherapies.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Immunology, or a related field with ≥4 years post-PhD experience, including industry experience.
- Strong background in molecular biology, immunology and/or oncology with experience in antibody drug discovery, development and/or antibody engineering for the development of immunotherapeutics.
- A strong record of significant achievements in research and scientific creativity as evidenced by core contributions to publications.
- Project and CRO management experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and evaluation of biotherapeutics from discovery to lead optimization.
- Technical expertise with characterization of engineered proteins through biophysical assays and in vitro cell based assays.
- Highly agile with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace, highly collaborative environment with ability to multi-task.
- Enthusiastic about communicating to a broad range of stakeholders (from novices to experts) and coaching junior team members.
- Intense “can do” startup mentality and motivation.