Gritstone Oncology is a privately-held, next-generation personalized cancer immunotherapy company. Gritstone brings together distinguished scientific founders, an experienced and diverse management team, a seasoned and successful board of directors and deep financial backing to tackle fundamental challenges at the intersection of cancer genomics, immunology, and immunotherapy design. The Company’s initial goal is to identify and deploy neoantigens for novel treatments of patient with common solid cancers. In addition to neoantigen therapy development, Gritstone is leveraging its unique antigen discovery platform to define targets for shared antigen immunotherapies, which would provide an opportunity to treat even more patients.
Gritstone Oncology is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with key functions located in Cambridge, MA and Pleasanton, CA. The company launched in October 2015 and has received funding from leading blue-chip biotechnology investors, including Versant Ventures, The Column Group, Clarus Funds, and Google Ventures (GV).
Gritstone Oncology is seeking a Software Engineer to build and support our software systems for analyzing cancer patient data. Our cloud-based architecture was recently featured by Amazon Web Services:
This is an opportunity to work for a well-funded early biotechnology company where design of personalized cancer treatments is powered by cloud technology. In this role, you will work closely with our engineering, IT and scientific teams to expand and optimize the capabilities of our system. We are looking for an independent and flexible team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and integrate improvements to Gritstone’s cloud systems used by our scientific teams for data processing and data access.
- Work closely with IT and QA teams to integrate new production systems safely, securely and in compliance with QA requirements. Engage our external vendors for support and service requests.
- Use modern, secure methods and tools for development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of our systems. Leverage automation and infrastructure-as-code everywhere possible.
- Explore and evaluate new technology and help influence our choices for future system architecture.
- Understand our business mission and drive technical progress in support of our company goals.
- Learn, grow and apply new skills to optimize our processes. We encourage skill development and learning through training, conferences, and workshop attendance. We also encourage participation in industry associations and we support opportunities to present/publish your work where appropriate.
- 5+ years of experience in a software or system engineering role
- Experience managing Linux server environments
- Experience managing virtualized or cloud infrastructure: deployment, maintenance, monitoring and security activities
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (Python, Ruby, Go) and development tools
- Experience with configuration management, (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Packer, etc), build systems (Jenkins, CodePipeline, etc), and version control (git)
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM discipline
- Deep expertise with AWS environments (e.g. IAM Roles and Policies, EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch). AWS Certifications are a plus.
- Experience supporting scientific computing operations (astronomy, genomics, etc)
- Experience in bio-pharma or regulated environments