Gritstone Oncology is a privately-held, next-generation personalized cancer immunotherapy company. Gritstone brings together distinguished scientific founders, an experienced and diverse management team, a seasoned and successful board of directors and deep financial backing to tackle fundamental challenges at the intersection of cancer genomics, immunology, and immunotherapy design. The Company’s initial goal is to identify and deploy neoantigens for novel treatments for lung, colorectal, and gastric cancers. In addition to neoantigen therapy development, Gritstone is leveraging its unique antigen discovery platform to define targets for shared antigen immunotherapies, which would provide an opportunity to treat even more patients.
Gritstone Oncology is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with key functions located in Cambridge, MA and Pleasanton, CA. The company launched in October 2015 and has received funding from leading blue-chip biotechnology investors, including Versant Ventures, The Column Group, Clarus Funds, Frazier Healthcare Partners, RedMile, Casdin Capital, Lilly Asia Ventures, Trinitas Capital, GV, and Alexandria Venture Investments.
The Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics group at Gritstone Oncology is looking for a Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate to help lead qualitative and quantitative mass spectrometry efforts in immunopeptidomics. The primary role of the RA/SRA, Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics is to build and expand a tumor HLA peptide dataset using current methods to enable target discovery for novel cancer immunotherapies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment. This is an opportunity to work for a well-funded early biotechnology company driving personalized cancer treatments.
- Prepare samples for MS analysis using immunoprecipitation methods
- Manage sample and data tracking within the Proteomics group
- Interface with other groups to implement laboratory workflows and communicate progress
- BS/MS in Biochemistry or related field
- 2+ years relevant experience – responsibility and title will be commensurate with experience level
- Working experience with immunoprecipitation sample preparation techniques
- Experience working with mass spectrometry
- Strong background in general laboratory techniques
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to function independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strategic agility, strong critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)